Instagram is one of the social media that is an easy target for hackers. There are already countless accounts that have been successfully broken into.
No need to panic if you find out your account has been taken over or successfully broken into by hackers. Stay calm and take the steps below.
Summarized from the Instagram Help Center page, Friday (9/7/2021), some actions can be taken to secure the account.
It should be noted that some of the following recovery steps may not be available to every user, depending on the type of account you want to recover. But it doesn’t hurt to try.
Check your email account for messages from Instagram!
If you receive an email from email@example.com informing you that your email address has been changed, you can undo this change by selecting revert these changes in the message.
If additional information was also changed, for example, a password, and you can’t restore your email address, request a login link or security code from Instagram.
Request a login link from Instagram
“To help us confirm that you’re the owner, you can ask us to send a login link to your email address or phone number,” Instagram says.
How to request a login link:
– On the login screen, tap Get login help or Forgot password?
– Enter the username, email address, or phone number associated with your account, then tap Next. Notes: If you don’t know the username, email address, or phone number associated with your account, tap Need more help? Under the Next button and follow the on-screen instructions.
– Select your email address or phone number and tap Send Login Link.
– Click the login link in your email or SMS and follow the on-screen instructions.
Request a security code or support from Instagram
If you can’t recover your account with the login link Instagram sent you, you can request more support.
How to request support from Instagram on Android
– On the login screen, tap Get help with logging in under Login.
– Enter the username, email address, or phone number associated with your account, then tap Need more help? Keep in mind that if you have more than one Instagram account, you need to select the account you’re having trouble logging into first, then follow the on-screen instructions.
– Tap Need more help and follow the on-screen instructions.
– Select your email address or phone number and tap Send Security Code.
– If you don’t receive a security code, tap I can’t access this email or phone number under Send Security Code and follow the on-screen instructions.
How to request support from Instagram on iPhone
– From the login link screen, tap Need more help? Under “Send Login Link”
– Select your email address or phone number, then tap Send Security Code.
– If you don’t receive a security code, tap I can’t access this email or phone number under Send Security Code, then follow the on-screen instructions.
Be sure to enter a secure email address that only you can access. After submitting the request, you will receive an email from Instagram with the next steps.
If you submit a support request for an account without a photo. You’ll receive an auto-reply email from the Support Team on Facebook.
“We’ll ask you to verify your identity by providing the email address and phone number used to sign up and the type of device you used when you signed up (for example, iPhone, Android, iPad, and more),” Instagram writes.
If requesting support for an account with photos, you will be asked to take a selfie video turning your head in different directions. This is done to help Instagram ensure that you are a true person and confirm your identity.
After that, you will receive an email from Instagram at the secure email address provided.
Instagram guarantees that the submitted video will be deleted within 30 days.
“If you can’t confirm the identity of a submitted video, you can submit a new video, and we’ll review it again,” they explain.
This last method is intended for users who can still log into their Instagram accounts.
If you think your account has been hacked or an account hack has been attempted, and you’re still logged in, here are some things you can do to help keep your account safe:
– Change your password or request a password reset email.
– Enable two-factor authentication for added security.
– Confirm your phone number and email address in your account settings are correct.
– Check Account Center and remove any linked accounts you don’t recognize.
– Revoke access to suspicious third-party apps.
Hopefully, that method work for u to reset Instagram Password using your Smartphone. Good luck!